JAPAN CULTURE CAMP BY AYFN
7 – 12 DECEMBER 2015
Wanna know about Japanese Culture? Or experience to have Inter-cultural learning in line with making a friend? or just wanna see and travel to Osaka and Kyoto directly? AYFN is delighted to invite you joining our culture camp in Japan? This is a distinguished program that suit your curiosity to have experimental learning!! Youth and cultural program!
Japan Culture Camp by AYFN is a cultural learning program designed to give an understanding on culture and social awareness for participants. This program enables participants to learn about Japanese culture in line with making a friend. This program is also an avenue to enhance knowledge and skill to face globalization.
- Live for 5 days in Osaka and Kyoto, Japan
- Learn and understand on Japanese culture directly
- International friendship with Japanese friends
- Heritage walking tour around Kyoto and Osaka
- Cultural exchange program with local students
- Experience to be like local people by living in Japanese Traditional houses
- Experimental learning
- Certificate of participation from AYFN
- Cultural tour activities in Kyoto and Osaka, whereby both cities are well known as the center of Japanese culture.
- Cultural exchange activities with Japanese students.
- Visit many interesting places both in Kyoto or Osaka, e.g : Osaka castle, Gios District in Kyoto (Geisha), Namba district, Ryoanji Temple, Arashiyama, and etc.
- Taste authentic Japanese cuisine
- Walk around heritage area of Kyoto.
HOW DOES THE CAMP WILL WORK?
- Participants will be met up in Japan
- The camp will combine sense of friendship, adventure and cultural awareness
- Participants will live for 5 days in Kyoto and Osaka, Japan
- Participants will be buddied by Japanese during the program
- The camp needs participants who passionate in international friendship and adapt new environment (culture differences) easily
LOCATION OF THE CAMP
This camp will take place in Kyoto and Osaka. Both cities are famous as Cultural city in Japan.
START AND DURATION OF THE CAMP
This camp will be started at 7 December 2015 (departure from Indonesia) and will be ended at 12 December 2015. Participants will start their program at 7.30 a.m – 5.00 p.m everyday. In the evening, participants will have free time to explore the magnificent of Kyoto and Osaka or go shopping.
REQUIREMENT TO TAKE PART
The participants of Japan Culture Camp should meet the criteria as follow:
- Must be 18 – 25 Years old
- Indonesian nationality only
- Commit to join full program (pre, on , and post program)
- Able to adapt new environment easily
- Able to pay the program fee
- Health physically and mentally
How to apply
- Register online here
- Deadline of application : 30 September 2015 before 23.00 (GMT +7)
- This program is LIMITED for maximum 20 students only.
One of the AYFN’s strength is to provide high quality placement program, but still affordable. To join Japan Culture Camp (5 Days program), participants must donate USD 500,-. Program cost should be paid after being accepted.
What do participants’ fees for?
Program Fee – Airport pick up (Kansai International Airport, Osaka), All activities indicated on schedule (cultural exchange, cultural tour, adventure tour, meal, etc), certificate of participation from AYFN, program supervision, accommodation (5D5N) and meals during placement period as indicated on schedule, In-country 24/7 volunteer support and In-country administration costs.
Scheme of payment:
Down payment : USD 200 (10 days after being accepted In order to reserve a slot)
Rest of program fee : USD 300 (1 November 2015)
What additional cost should participants have?
Flight expenses to and from Osaka from Indonesia, passport and visa fee, personal insurance, personal expenses.
ACCOMMODATION AND MEAL DURING CAMP
During this camp, participants will be accommodated in Japanese Style Guesthouse in order to enable participants feel like Japanese. The accommodations are a popular and a very sociable option as you get to live and socialize with other participants and local people. Living conditions in the guesthouse is very good and very clean. Males and females are accommodated in separate room.
Japan is renowned for its tasty and healthy food. Who don’t know Sushi, Ramen, Udon, etc? Meals will be provided based on schedule. Meals consist of traditional Japanese dishes (For Muslim participants, we provide meal which not contains pork), which participants generally find to be very generous and tasty. If you have special eating needs, please let us know ahead of time so that we can make arrangements for you. However, we need to stress the point that you should not expect to eat as you normally do at home. We will do our best to see that you are well taken care of, but also as a participant, there is a need to be flexible. There are numerous amazing restaurants throughout Kyoto and Osaka which you will be directed to by program staff if you wish to eat out occasionally.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF CAMP
|Meet and greet with AYFN representative in Jakarta||
|Fly to Osaka||
|Arrival in Osaka|
|Drive to Kyoto city||
|Understand Japanese Culture:Heritage walking tour around Kyoto session 1||Gios District is known for Geisha area and many Japanese Traditional Houses|
|Cultural exchange: Activity with Japanese university students||
|Friendship activity between Indonesian students and Japanese students||
|Understand Japanese Culture:Heritage walking tour around Kyoto session 2||Ryoanji Temple visitArashiyama visit|
|Kyoto University Visit (second highest University in Japan)||Campus tour around Kyoto University|
|Drive to Osaka|
|Night activity in Osaka (Umeda district)||Umeda District is one of the busiest area in Osaka for shopping & eating|
|Breakfast at Breakfast at Matsuya or Sukiya||Let’s try Japanese-style fast food restaurant for breakfast set menu|
|Cultural tour around Osaka Castle||Stroll around one of the largest castles in Japan|
|Visit to Namba District||Free time in the busiest district in Osaka|
|Pack up luggage and preparation to fly back home||Check out time is 11.00 a.m|
|Farewell and fly back home|
Ms. Hesti Aryani, M.A
+62 81391302231 (call, tect)
+66 804960703 (whatapps and Line)