Enhance your study experience and learn new skills by applying for the HDR PhD International Scholarship in Understanding and Preventing the Spread of Misinformation offered by Curtin University. The Curtin University International Scholarship programme is open to international applicants for the academic year 2022-2023.
The PhD project is within the broad scope of “understanding and preventing the spread of misinformation”, where there is potential to explore a range of different topics suited to the student’s interest and skillset. The candidate must be comfortable with participating in a multidisciplinary team and is expected to work with researchers in the social, economic, and computer sciences during the course of the PhD.
Founded in 1966, Curtin University, formerly known as the Curtin University of Technology, is an Australian public research university based in Bentley, Perth, Western Australia. In the 2020 U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities Rankings, Curtin was placed 174th overall and 10th nationally. It offers diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate courses to international students.
Curtin University International Scholarship will provide a living stipend of $29,000 per annum, for a maximum of 3 years (with a six-month extension possible after assessment).
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eliogible for this Curtin University International Scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in mathematical, engineering, or computer science undergraduate or master’s training.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Candidates must be enrolled full-time and genuinely interested and willing to learn/engage with misinformation’s sociological and psychological aspects.
- Master or Bachelor mechanical, electrical or computer engineering, data science or computer science, applied mathematics, or an equivalent degree.
- How to Apply: The students are required to complete their admission application on the university portal. The applicants must submit an expression of interest for the scholarship and the below-mentioned documents via mail to Dr. Mengbin Ye at email@example.com to be considered for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: Students must have required Curriculum vitae, academic transcripts, And a Cover Letter (2 pages max) that addresses the eligibility criteria.
- Admission Requirements: The successful candidate must meet the minimum academic entry requirement for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy program.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests: (IELTS, Overall 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0 or TOEFL, Overall 79, Reading, 13, Listening 13, Speaking 18, and Writing 21).
For further informations, kindly visit the OFFICIAL WEBSITE