JAPAN EXPERIENCE PROGRAM Batch 2
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Experience Japan with the AYFN’s Japan Experience Program. This program is open to students and learners desiring a short-term immersion program in Japan culture. With the goal of increasing foreign students’ understanding of Japan, The AYFN Exchange Academy is offering an invaluable Japan learning cultural immersion program. The program offers cultural excursions to enhance the Japanese experience. This entails a program which is specifically designed to offer Japan trip for students/youth from ages 15 – 30 as well as a chance for these students/youth to gain a cultural understanding of Japan. This will be done through both visiting famous Kyoto and Osaka attractions and partaking in typical cultural activities such as experiencing Japan tradition, eating traditional Japanese foods (Ramen, Udon, Curry, etc). Our aim is to inspire the students to open their minds to other cultures. We want the students/youth to end their trip by leaving with a better knowledge of Japan. During the program, participants will take public transport (Bus, Metro, subway train) to deepen understand about Japanese way of life and be like a local.
- Live for 5 days in Osaka + Kyoto, Japan
- Learn and understand Japanese culture directly
- Heritage walking tour around Kyoto
- Experience to be like local people by experiencing the local traditions
- Experimental learning
- Certificate of participation from AYFN
WHY YOU SHOULD GO ABROAD WITH AYFN?
Intercultural challenges and learning moments are inevitable parts of our everyday lives. To prepare people to engage effectively across cultural and other differences, we offer transformative learning journeys. Each AYFN journey is designed around these five principles:
- Learning as a journey of change
- Immersive experiences
- Non-formal learning environments
- Experiential learning = enhanced learning
- Learning for life + lifelong learning
- Enhancing life experience by direct immersion in local cultures
- An investment for the future: Further education, Career, and Life
- Safe & supportive learning environment
- Gaining core competences according to AYFN learning journey curriculum: Personal, Interpersonal, Cultural, and Global
- We provide extraordinary intercultural learning opportunities
AYFN has 2 kinds of program fee:
- FUNDED by AYFN : FREE ( AYFN will waive the program fee and give travel grant for successful candidates. The travel grant amount may vary for each candidates, maximum USD 250. There is selection process to get this opportunity. AYFN will select the candidates based on merit).
- SELF FUNDED : USD 550 (No selection). Get discount of USD 100 for member of AYFN. If you are not a member yet, kindly register yourself to be a member at http://ayfnhq.org/sign-up-as-a-member/
The program fee will cover:
- Accommodation during placement period (double or triple sharing), 5D4N
- Airport pick up when arrival (Kansai International Airport, Osaka)
- Meals (Breakfast and Lunch)
- Local transport during placement period (bus, metro, train)
- Admission ticket to tourism object spots based on schedule
Note: program fee doesn’t cover FLIGHT to and from Japan, Visa, Insurance and Personal expenses
The program will take place on 23 – 27 September 2019 in Osaka + Kyoto, Japan.
- Must be between 15 – 30 Years old
- All nationalities are welcomed to apply
- Healthy physically and mentally
- Able to communicate in English (No Required Toefl Score)
- Able to pay the program fee
- Open minded and have positive attitude
- Able to travel to placement country during scheduled placement period
REGISTRATION PROCESS (FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION)
- Step 1 : Pay the registration and selection fee. USD 20 , click here to pay.
- Step 2 : Fill online application. Click here (Please prepare these documents : Scanned valid passport or national ID card, recent color photo and Curriculum vittae)
- Step 3 : Announcement
- Deadline of Application : 15 July 2019
REGISTRATION PROCESS (FOR REGULAR APPLICATION)
- Step 1 : Pay the down payment in amount of USD 50 to book and reserve slot. Click here to pay.
- Step 2 : Fill online application . Click here (Please prepare these documents: Scanned valid passport or other national ID card, recent color photo and Curriculum Vittae/resume)
- Step 2 : Confirmation
- Step 3 : Final payment and departure to Japan
Kindly download itinerary of JEP 2019_Summer batch 2 to see the itinerary.
First come first serviced basis. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com