AISEF & ILFRIP #4
ASEAN Youth Friendship Network
proudly to present the newest youth cultural exchange between Indonesia and Thailand.
AISEF and ILFRIP#4
Wanna feel the hospitality of Thai? Wanna have new friends from Thailand? Wanna learn Thai Language and culture at your first-hand? Wanna bring and promote Indonesian culture to the world? If yes, the answer is AISEF.
ART IMMERSION AND STUDENTS EXCHANGE FIELDTRIP
CHIANG MAI, THAILAND, 3 – 9 SEBTEMBER 2012
Or, you wanna meet new friends from Thailand? Wanna be his/her buddy? Wanna be a tutor for Thai to study Bahasa Indonesia? Or just wanna practice and play Gamelan with Thai? If yes, the answer is ILFRIP#4
INTER-CULTURAL LEARNING AND FRIENDSHIP PROGRAM #4
YOGYAKARTA, INDONESIA, 21 – 28 OKTOBER 2012
ART IMMERSION AND STUDENT EXCHANGE FIELDTRIP (AISEF).
CHIANG MAI, THAILAND, 3 – 9 SEBTEMBER 2012
Deadline ; 1 July 2012
Immerse yourself in Thailand, AISEF PROGRAM, Chiang Mai
The program enables participants to intrinsically learn about culture and friendship. The 7-days program is designed to give participants a glimpse into life in Thailand and what the mentality of the people is like, and how you can overcome any hurdles you might encounter while in Thailand. AISEF Program will be held in Chiang Mai, Thailand, on 3 – 9 September 2012. Enjoy the beauty of Chiang Mai Landscape, hospitality of Thai, the magnificent of Thai Culture, and Fantastic of Thai Dishes.
What will you do during join AISEF program Chiang Mai?
You’ll learn the Thai language, so you can communicate with local people. You’ll tour historic, cultural and religious sites and learn about the prevailing socioeconomic and political situation as well by interacting with local people. Also, you’ll learn Thai traditional dance. It’s an intriguing program full of insight into daily life in Thailand.
Besides, you will have a chance to be real ambassador for your country (Indonesia) by doing Indonesian cultural promotion. We offer you to dance, sing a song, promote Indonesian dance (all about Indonesia) to your counter part of Thai. Bahasa Indonesia promotion is also to become our major agenda in AISEF program. How proud of us if we can teach Bahasa Indonesia to foreigner (we, AYFN, has already done this Bahasa Program every year in Vietnam). Now, Thailand is second destination to know our language pride of Bahasa Indonesia).
Glance of Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai, surrounded by mountainous countryside and close to both Burma and Laos, offers a region of Thailand, perfect for the traveler who wants an alternative learning holiday.
In the far north it is Thailand’s second largest city and a center for excursions to the region’s ancient and beautiful temples, the teak forests and their working elephants, caves and waterfalls, take a white knuckle ride on a bamboo raft, then stay in jungle tree house, exotic flora and journeys to visit the northern hill tribes.
Founded in 1296, Chiang Mai’s heritage can be seen around the city, especially in the old city walls and the many beautiful Buddhist temples in the city and surrounding countryside.
The past is also evident in the distinctive Northern Thai language and in the culture – the many festivals such as the Songran New Year water festival and in the Loi Kratong candle festival. Traditional arts and crafts are also to be found – silver, lacquer, textiles and pottery.
INTERCULTURAL LEARNING AND FRIENDSHIP PROGRAM #4 (ILFRIP#4)
YOGYAKARTA, INDONESIA, 21 – 28 OCTOBER 2012
Deadline ; 15 August 2012
What is ILFriP#4?
ILFriP is week long program on cultural and friendship program between Indonesian youth and Thai youth. The program is designed to give you opportunity to have friendship activities and cultural awareness. The 8-days program combines friendship, adventure, cultural awareness and harmony. The previous programs were successfully held in Bangkok, Thailand. In this special year, ILFriP will take place in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, on 21 – 28 October 2012.
- Language exchange (Bahasa Indonesia and Thai language)
- Dance class
- Music class
- Food trip
- Cultural trip
- Art performance
How will ILFriP work?
Participants will be part of team, some from Indonesia and some from Thailand. Then you will be paired up in some activities (Language exchange, music, dance, trip, etc) and live for one week in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
What benefit will you get if you join? (for Indonesian)
You will get so many meaningful experiences if you join the ILFriP#4. You’ll get new friends from Thailand and they will teach you Thai Language. You’ll be “tutor” for them during they live in Yogyakarta. You will be able to be proud as his/her Bahasa teacher. It will be great moment for you.
What else? Don’t worry. You will enjoy the beauty of Yogyakarta and Hospitality of Yogya people. Together your counterpart from Thailand, you will visit magnificent temples of Borobudur and Prambanan and many historical sites in Yogyakarta. And many things you will do. Don’t miss it.
How to become participant at AISEF of ILFRIP#4?
To take part AISEF and/or ILFriP#4 Program, you are required:
- You must be Indonesian (17 – 25 years old)
- You have strong motivation to make a friend and love culture
- Health physically and mentally
- Able to pay program fee
- Commit to join full program
- Get permission from parents
- Administrative (required documents: application form, 2 pages of A4 sized paper of Essay è theme of essay is “The power of culture and friendship”, permission letter from parent, recent color photo in max 200 kb). Sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for AISEF (1 July 2012) and ILFRIP #4 (15 August 2012).
- Interview (after receiving and reviewing the documents of yours, the committee will contact you to have interview schedule then test).
- Final result.
How much does the program cost?
|3.200.000||Hotel/guesthouse 7D6N, meal, airport pick up, tuition fee for Thai Language, tuition fee for dance class, LO’s fee, cultural tour, certificate, member card of AYFN, T-Shirt,|
|ILFRIP#4 (Indonesian)||2.200.000||Hotel/guesthouse 8D7N, meal, dinner 2x, Airport pick up, music class, dance class, LO’s fee, cultural tour (Borobudur, Prambanan, museum, Tamansari), food trip, certificate, member card of AYFN, T-Shirt,|
|ILFRIP#4 (Indonesian, no accommodation)||1.200.000||Meal, Airport/station/terminal pick up, dinner 2x, music class, dance class, LO’s fee, cultural tour (Borobudur, Prambanan, museum, tamansari,) Food trip, certificate, member card of AYFN, T-Shirt,|
|AISEF+ILFRIP#4 (Indonesian only)||5.000.000||Same facilities with AISEF and ILFriP#4 either in Chiang Mai or Yogyakarta|
|AISEF+ILFRIP#4 (Indonesian, no Accommodation for ILFriP#4)||4.300.000||Same facilities with AISEF and ILFriP#4 (non-accommodation) either in Chiang Mai or Yogyakarta|
|Note: For alumnae, you will get 20% discount. Flight fee, passport, and personal expense are EXCLUDED.|
The Brief introduction to ASEAN Youth Friendship Network (AYFN) or organizer
AYFN is an independent organization (we are not under ASEAN) that accommodates ASEAN youth to form friendship network through cultures. AYFN was established on 19 January 2010 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. AYFN has a point of view “Forming an International Friendship through Cultures”. It is grounded that good friendship can make the world better and safer. Beside, cross-cultural exchange among youth also can form better understanding among them.
As we know, ASEAN consist of 10 countries member. Each country has its own cultures and makes it different with other. Therefore, ASEAN become a region that is rich in cultures. In addition, culture is something that is interesting to study, and it is a good value. We can form an ASEAN youth friendship through cultures and this is the major purpose of our organization. There are many ASEAN youth can join cultural exchange program to know cultures from other countries in ASEAN. We have a mission that from this cultural exchange, ASEAN youth can strengthen relationships and respect each other.
This organization provides opportunities for ASEAN youth to know others countries by joining cultural exchange program as well, which always held by AYFN. Membership of the organization is open to all ASEAN youth. AYFN also facilitates ASEAN youth to share experiences and discuss something by joining in our online website. Until now, AYFN has been making friendship network to youths over ASEAN region:
- Indonesian youth (Students from reputable University such as Gadjah Mada University, Universitas Indonesia, Padjajaran University, etc.)
- Malaysian youth (students of Universiti Putra Malaysia, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia and Berjaya University ).
- Vietnamese youth (students of University of Social Sciences and Humanities, HCM, Open University of HCM, Vietnam National University, HCM, Hong Bang University and also students of High School of Chia Gao, Mytho Province, South Vietnam).
- Thai Students (Bangkok University and Chulalongkorn University).
- Pilipino Students (Ateneo de Manila University).
- Indonesia – Vietnam Youth Friendship Program #1 (Ho Chi Minch City, October 2010)
- Inter-cultural Learning and Friendship Program (Bangkok, February 2011)
- Tourism Youth Ambassador (Kuala Lumpur, March 2011)
- Indonesia – Philippines Youth Cultural Exchange Program (Manila, June 2011)
- Indonesia – Vietnam Youth Friendship Program #2 (Ho Chi Minh City, October 2011)
- Inter-cultural Learning and Friendship Program #2 (Bangkok, November 2011)
- Inter-cultural Learning and Friendship Program #3 (Bangkok, February 2012)
- Indonesia – Philippines Youth Cultural Exchange Program (Yogyakarta, March 2012)
- Bilateral Students’ Leader Adventure Camp 2012 (Ho Chi Minh City, 21 – 27 May 2012)
ASEAN YOUTH FRIENDSHIP NETWORK can be reached in:
Postal address :
Karangjati Indah Residence A9/6, Kasihan, Bantul, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Phone : +62274 2615463, 085729268734 (Setiawan)
Fax : (+62 274) 566171
Email : email@example.com
Web : www.ayfnhq.org