Indonesia Vietnam Youth Friendship Program 2016
Indonesia Vietnam Youth Friendship Program 2016
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
20 – 26 March 2016
Wanna know about Vietnam? Or experience to have Inter-cultural learning in line with making a friend? AYFN is delighted to invite you joining our culture and youth program in Vietnam? This is a distinguished program that suit your curiosity to have experimental learning in line with promoting Indonesian in Vietnam !!
IVYFP 2016 is an annual program held by AYFN that promotes youth and cultural exchange program between Indonesia and Vietnam. This program enables young generation from both countries to know each other in line with promoting peace, solidarity, tolerance and people to people contact. This program was started in 2010, which later AYFN continually organizes this exchange program with support from local organization and government.
Activities of the program:
Discussion on ASEAN Community
This agenda is intended to give further information about what is ASEAN Community, what youth/students should prepare, what benefit youth/students can get, and many information related to issues on upcoming integration.
Indonesian day and Cultural exhibition
This activity will show the beauty of culture. Indonesian students/youth will presenting Indonesian food as well as cultural performances.
ASEAN region is rich in terms of language. Each nationality has its own languages. To get deepest in ASEAN friendship and understanding, we have to understand language of our counterpart. By doing this activity, we hope that participants will get a little bit of knowledge on languages spoken by ASEAN citizen. Indonesian will know about Vietnamese language and vice versa.
Solidarity is the main important thing in ASEAN. We are born in different skin color, different nationality, different tribe, different wealth, but we are one ASEAN. Let this activity shows that we are brother. We want to contribute to less fortunate community by doing social activity such as donation distribution, teach English to children, plant trees, give new smile to inspiring children, etc. This agenda will be one of a kind.
Understanding Vietnamese history
This agenda enables Indonesian to know about Vietnamese History by visiting some historical sites in Ho Chi Minh City.
“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE AND ACTIVITIES
- Arrival of participants in HCMC (airport pick up time 9 – 15.00)
- Transfer to accommodation
- Opening of the program
- Dinner along with Meet and greet
- Orientation: Get to know about Ho Chi Minh City
- Introduction to Vietnam Language and culture
- Friendship activity between Indonesian and Vietnamese
- Bahasa Indonesia for Vietnamese students
- Workshop and talk session on ASEAN Community
- Cultural exchange to local school
- Promote Bahasa Indonesia to local students
- Activities with local school’s students
- Adevnture to Delta Mekong River
- Bahasa Indonesia for Vietnamese Students
- Visit the General Consulate of the Republic of Indonesia in Ho Chi Minh City
- Indonesian day
- Cultural Performance
- Vietnamese history: Chu Chi Tunnel
- Charity to orphanage
- Social night: certificate presentation and farewell dinner
- Farewell breakfast and morning tea
- Check out and go back home
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
- To promote inter-cultural understanding, equality of opportunity, tolerance and peace between Indonesian and Vietnamese youth / students.
- To provide challenging inter-cultural learning experiences.
- To promote international friendship, volunteerism and education.
- To prepare young generation in welcoming ASEAN community.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK
- Participants will experience cultural exchange activities, discuss about recent issues and promote friendship between two countries.
- Participants will involve in social work to share a sense of humanity.
- Participants will get new friends and know more about Vietnam.
- Participants will stay for 7 (six) days in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Participants will have international experiences.
HOW MUCH WILL PARTICIPANTS PAY?
Both AYFN and local organizer don’t provide any scholarship. To take part at Indonesian Vietnamese Youth Friendship Program 2016, participants are required to pay
Registration and Program fee*
|New participants||USD 350|
|Alumni (returning participants)||USD 320|
*30% registration fee, 70 % program fee
What do fees pay for?
Ongoing support for AYFN staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, staff‘s salary, and communication costs with partner and participants.
Hotel/guesthouse 7D/6N (twin/triple share), Airport pick up (Ho Chi Minh City Airport), Meal during program based on schedule, activities indicated on schedule, Certificates, souvenir of the program, and support in country.
Passport fee, flight expenses to and from Ho Chi Minh City, personal/travel insurance (recommended), personal expenses, airport transfer, meal excluded in schedule, minibar in hotel, laundry, telephone.
Location of Program
All programs will be held in Ho Chi Minh City area, Vietnam. It’s easy to reach HCMC from Indoensia as it has international airport, which is connected to Jakarta, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur. There are many airlines that operate route form Indonesia e.g Air Asia, Tiger Airways, Singapore Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Jetstar Airlines, etc.
Accommodation and meals during program
During program in Ho Chi Minh City, participants will stay in a guesthouse. The accommodation is an enjoyable and very sociable option as you get to live and socialize with other participants and Vietnamese buddies. Living conditions in the guesthouse are good, clean and come with internet connection, hot shower, fridge, and towel. Males and females are accommodated in separate room and per room will be occupied by 2 – 3 people.
Vietnam is renowned for its tasty and diverse food. Meals will be provided based on schedule, and consist of traditional Vietnamese dishes (NOT CONTAINING PORK), which participants generally find to be very generous and tasty. If you have special diet requirements, please let us know ahead of time so that we can make arrangements for you. However, we need to stress the point that you should not expect to eat as you normally do at home. We will do our best to see that you are well taken care of, but also as a participant, there is a need to be flexible. There are numerous amazing restaurants throughout Ho Chi Minh City which you will be directed to by program staff if you wish to eat out occasionally.
PROCEDURE TO APPLY
Are you interested to take part at Indonesia Vietnam Youth Friendship Program 2016? Apply now!!! LIMITED for 25 qualified participants only.
- Indonesian Youth (17 – 25 years old)
- Good health (physically and mentally)
- Good communication skill and knowledge
- Able to work independently as well as work in team
- Able to pay the registration and program fee (USD 350, excluded FLIGHT to and from HCMC, Vietnam)
- Able to commit to a full time program
- Download application applicaton form_Indo_viet_2016
- Send back the application along with scanned of identity card (passport/KTP/Student card) and color recent photo into firstname.lastname@example.org
- The committee will review your application and contact you to conduct “interview test” by AYFN team.
- Deadline of admission is 20 January 2016 at 23.00 WIB. (Indonesia’s time)
Frequently Asked Question : Download here
Link related to the previous Indonesia Vietnam Youth Friendship Program
Promoting Indonesia and cultural performances : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcqoY7EBAH8
Experiences gained by Alumni :
Nurul Iswari (Student of IPB)
Yuliana Harianja (Student of UNDIP Semarang)
Stduents of UNPAD Bandung
IVYFP 2015 supported by KJRI Ho Chi Minh City and University of Social sciences and Humanities, HCMC Vietnam http://www.kemlu.go.id/hochiminhcity/Pages/Embassies.aspx?IDP=593&l=id
28 December 2015 – 20 January 2016
22 January 2016
|Announcement part 1|
24 – 25 January 2016
27 January 2016
Announcement of Final selection
27 January 2016 – 10 February 2016
5 March 2016
Deadline of second payment
20 March 2016
Arrival of confirmed delegates in Ho Chi Minh City
|21 – 25 March 2016||
Program in Ho Chi Minh City
|26 March 2016||
Fly back home Indonesia
We look forward to welcoming and seeing you at Indonesia Vietnam Youth Friendship Program 2016 in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
If you need further information, you could communicate with:
Mr. Feby M Faisal
Mobile : +62 813 1372 3231 (WhatApps, Line, Text)