JAPAN CULTURAL CAMP (SPRING)
Deadline : 20 January 2017
Location : Kyoto, Japan
Organizer : ASEAN Youth Friendship Network
Number of slot : 20 people
Date of program : 12 – 17 March 2017
Type : SELF-FUNDED
JAPAN CULTURE CAMP #3
BY ASEAN Youth Friendship Network
Kyoto, 12 – 17 March 2017
Wanna know about Japanese Culture? Or experience to have Inter-cultural learning in line with making a friend? or just wanna see and travel to Kyoto and Osaka directly? AYFN is delighted to invite you joining our culture camp in Japan. This is a distinguished program that suits your curiosity to have experimental learning!! Youth and cultural program!
Japan Culture Camp by AYFN is a cultural learning program designed to give an understanding on culture and social awareness for participants. This program enables participants to learn about Japanese culture in line with making a friend directly. This program is also an avenue to enhance knowledge and skill to face globalization. This is not student exchange, but youth and cultural exchange program.
- Live for 6 days in Kyoto, Japan
- Learn and understand on Japanese culture directly
- International friendship with Japanese friends and Cultural exchange program with local students
- Sinkansen experience
- Heritage walking tour around Kyoto and Osaka
- Experience to be like local people
- Experimental learning
- Certificate of participation from AYFN
- Cultural tour activities in Kyoto and Osaka, whereby both cities are well known as the center of Japanese culture.
- Cultural exchange activities with Japanese students.
- Visit many interesting places both in Kyoto or Osaka, e.g : Osaka castle, Gion District in Kyoto (Geisha), Namba district, Arashiyama, and etc.
- Taste authentic Japanese cuisine
- Walk around heritage area of Kyoto.
How does the Japan Culture Camp will work?
- Participants will be met up in Japan
- The camp will combine sense of friendship, adventure and cultural awareness
- Participants will live for 6 days in Kyoto, Japan
- The camp needs participants who passionate in international friendship and adapt new environment (culture differences) easily
Location of Japan Culture Camp
This camp will take place in Kyoto and Osaka. Both cities are famous as Cultural city in Japan. Participants in the program will have the unique opportunity to live and study in Kyoto—the historic former capital of Japan, replete with its temples, shrines and traditional gardens. It is our hope that the program will inspire youth to pursue adventurous and productive careers and contribute to the advancement of science.
Start and duration of Japan Culture Camp
This camp will be started at 12 March 2017 (Arrival in Kyoto) and will be ended at 17 March 2017. Participants will start their program at 7.30 a.m – 5.00 p.m everyday. In the evening, participants will have free time to explore the magnificent of Kyoto and Osaka or go shopping.
Requirements to take part at Japan Culture Camp
The participants of Japan Culture Camp should meet the criteria as follow:
- Must be 15 – 27 Years old
- Commit to join full program (pre, on , and post program)
- Able to adapt new environment easily
- Able to pay the program fee
- Health physically and mentally
How to apply
- Please download jcc_application_form_march2017
- Send back the application along with scanned of identity card (passport/KTP/Student card) and color recent photo into firstname.lastname@example.org
- The committee will review your application and contact you to conduct “interview test” by AYFN team (if needed).
- Deadline of application : 20 January 2017 before 23.00 (GMT +7)
- This program is LIMTED for maximum 20 participants only.
- Document selection (Application form , financial capability statement and scanned copy of Passport or KTP)
- Interview test (If needed)
- Final announcement
Japan Culture Camp cost
One of the AYFN’s strength is to provide high quality placement program, but still affordable.
|New||Rp 8.500.000,-||USD 650|
|Alumni of AYFN Program||Rp 7.500.000,-||USD 600|
*Flight ticket is EXCLUDED
Program cost should be paid after being accepted. During selection process, applicants don’t need to pay at all.
What do participants’ fees for?
Program Fee – Pick up (Kansai International Airport), All activities indicated on schedule (cultural exchange, cultural tour, adventure tour, etc), certificate of participation from AYFN, program supervision, accommodation (6D5N) and meals during placement period as indicated on schedule, In-country 24/7 volunteer support and In-country administration costs.
Scheme of payment:
Down payment : Rp 2.000.000,- / USD 200 (10 days after being accepted In order to reserve a slot)
Rest of program fee : Rp 6.500.000,- / USD 450 (10 February 2017)
What additional cost should participants have?
Flight expenses to and from Japan from Indonesia, passport and visa fee, personal insurance, personal expenses.
Accommodation and meals during camp
During this camp, participants will be accommodated in guesthouse of hotel with high quality standard. The accommodations are a popular and a very sociable option as you get to live and socialize with other participants and local people. Living conditions in the guesthouse is very good and very clean. Males and females are accommodated in separate room.
Japan is renowned for its tasty and healthy food. Who don’t know Sushi, Ramen, Udon, etc? Meals will be provided based on schedule. Meals consist of traditional Japanese dishes (For Muslim participants, we provide meal which not contains pork), which participants generally find to be very generous and tasty. If you have special eating needs, please let us know ahead of time so that we can make arrangements for you. However, we need to stress the point that you should not expect to eat as you normally do at home. We will do our best to see that you are well taken care of, but also as a participant, there is a need to be flexible. There are numerous amazing restaurants throughout Kyoto and Osaka which you will be directed to by program staff if you wish to eat out occasionally.
|12 March 2017||9.00 – 13.00||Arrival in Osaka, Japan|
|13.00||Transfer to Urban Hotel Kyoto|
|15.00||Check in||Urban Hotel Kyoto|
|15.00 – 16.00||Leisure time|
|16.00 – 18.00||Program orientation and dinner|
|13 March 2017||8.30||Leave hotel|
|9.00 – 12.00||Visit to one of the finest universities in Japan : Kyoto University||Kyoto University|
|12.00 – 13.00||Lunch||Kyoto University canteen|
|13.30 – 16.00||Understand Japanese Culture:Heritage walking tour 1||Fushimi Inari – Thaisa shrine|
|16.00||Transfer to accommodation|
|14 March 2017||7.00||Leave hotel|
|8.30 – 11.00||Activities with local students|
|11.00 – 12.00||Lunch||University canteen|
|12.00 – 17.00||Understand Japanese Culture:Heritage walking tour 2||Gion district|
|17.00||Transfer to accommodation|
|15 March 2017||9.00||Leave hotel|
|9.00 – 16.00||Understand Japanese Culture:Heritage walking tour 3||Kiyomizu-Dera TempleArashiyamaBamboo forest|
|15.00||Transfer to accommodation|
|16 March 2017||9.00||Leave hotel|
|9.30 – 10.00||Experience the bullet train of Shinkansen in Japan||Kyoto station to Shin Osaka Station|
|10.30 – 13.00||Understand Japanese Culture: Osaka Castle Visit||Osaka Castle|
|13.30 – 14.30||Experience local food : Authentic Sushi||Shinsabashi|
|14.30 – 17.00||Shopping around Namba district|
|17.00||Transfer to accommodation|
|17 March 2017||Fly back home||Maximum check out time is 11.00 a.m|
To know further information, please read Frequently Asked Questions
Ms. Hesti Aryani +62 813 9130 2231 (Call, Whatapps, Line)
Mr. Setiawan +62 857 2926 8734 (WA, Call, Text)
Operations hour : 9.00 – 17.00 WIB