You are warmly invited to partake at Korea Cultural Camp by AYFN in Seoul, Korea. Experience the different culture and life experiences! Seoul, a city with fusion of the latest modernity and oriental tradition! Discover your potential!!
Experience Korea this summer with the AYFN’s Korea Cultural Camp Program. This program is open to students/youth and learners desiring a short-term immersion program in Korean language and Korean culture.
With the goal of increasing foreign students’ understanding of The Republic of South Korea, The AYFN Exchange Academy and local partner are offering an invaluable Korean learning cultural immersion program. The program combines Korean language training with daily activities and cultural excursions to enhance the Korean experience.
This entails a program which is specifically designed to offer Korean classes for students/youth from ages 15-35, as well as a chance for these students/youth to gain a cultural understanding of Korea.
This will be done through both visiting famous Seoul attractions and partaking in typical cultural activities such as experiencing Korean tradition (wear handbook), eating Korean dumplings or learning about traditional Korean things.
Our aim is to inspire young generation to open their minds to other cultures and recognize the importance of language learning at the same time. We want the students to end their trip by leaving with a better knowledge of Korea and a firm basis of the Korea language.
- Live for 5 days in Seoul, Korea.
- Korean language class.
- Learn and understand Korean culture directly.
- Heritage walking tour around Seoul.
- Experience to be like local people by experiencing the local traditions.
- Experimental learning.
- Certificate of participation from AYFN.
Korean language learning
We offer classes for beginners. Participants can start learning from Korean basics, including self-introduction, greetings, listening, and basic conversations. The classes will promote interactive learning. Furthermore, the participants will have opportunities to interact with local people to practice daily conversations.
Korean culture learning
Participants will have a chance to experience the culture by joining cultural activities such as wear Hanbook, etc. In addition, participants will also visit places in Seoul where they can experience and learn about history, culture and society of Korea. Seoul tour includes Gyeongbokgung palace, Bukchon Village, etc.
The Korea Cultural Camp will be held on 13 – 17 July 2020.
To join Korea Cultural Camp (5 Days program), participants must pay:
|Type||Camp Fee||Scheme of Payment|
|Member of AYFN||USD 600||1. Down payment: USD 200|
2. Rest of payment: USD 400
|Non member of AYFN||USD 650|| 1. Down payment: USD 200|
2. Rest of payment: USD 450
To become a member of AYFN, kindly register in advance.
What’s included and excluded?
- Airport pick up and transfer (Incheon International Airport) by public bus.
- Accommodation (5D4N) at 3 star hotel.
- T Money for Local Transport (KRW 50,000).
- All activities indicated on schedule (Korean language and culture, cultural tour, Adventure tour to Nami island).
- Admission tickets to tourism places indicated on the schedule.
- 24/7 volunteer support and In-country administration costs.
- Certificate of participation from AYFN.
- Program supervision.
- 4x Light Breakfast.
- 3 x Lunch.
- 1 Dinner.
- International Flight to and from Incheon (Seoul) – South Korea
- Korea Visa
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
Program cost should be paid after acceptance process and to be transferred to ASEAN Youth Friendship Network to secure the slot.
The participants of Summer Korea Cultural Camp should meet the criteria as follow:
- Students/youth (15 – 35 years old), interested in Korean language and culture.
- Youth from All nationalities
- Commit to join full program
- Able to adapt new environment easily
- Able to pay the program fee
- Health physically and mentally
Deadline of submitting the online application: 1 July 2020. First come, first serviced basis. The registration will be closed if the spots are over.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation and Meal during camp
During this camp, participants will be accommodated in a Hotel (3 star hotel). Living conditions in the hotel is very good and very clean. Males and females are accommodated in separate room.
Korea is renowned for its tasty and healthy food. Meals will be provided based on schedule. Meals consist of traditional Korean dishes (For Muslim participants, we provide meal which not containing pork and alcoholic), which participants generally find to be very generous and tasty.
If you have special diet requirements, please let us know ahead of time so that we can make arrangements for you. However, we need to emphasize the point that you should not expect to eat as you normally do at home. We will do our best to see that you are well taken care of, but also as a participant, there is a need to be flexible.
There are numerous amazing restaurants throughout Seoul which you will be directed to by program staff if you wish to eat out occasionally.
Cancellation and Refund policy
Program Cancellation by organizer
- AYFN Academy reserves the right to cancel a program due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the program non-viable.
- If AYFN cancels a program, registrants will be offered a full refund.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of a program, AYFN has the right to either issue a full refund or transfer registration to the same program at the new, future date.
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- The booking fee/downpayment is non refundable.
- The following penalties shall apply, if otherwise specified. If you cancel more than 60 days before scheduled program departure, the cancellation charge will be 20% of the listed program fare. If you cancel 30 – 59 days before scheduled program departure , the cancellation charge will be 70% of the listed program fare. If you cancel 1-29 days before scheduled program departure, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed program fare.
- No show will be considered as a cancellation on program departure date
- Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
- Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend a program.
- Cancellations will be accepted in writing only and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or transaction number.
- Refund will be made on 30 days after the program ends.
- These above policies apply to all AYFN program unless otherwise noted in the corresponding program materials. Please read all individual program information thoroughly.