Experience Japan with the AYFN’s Japan Experience Program. This program is open to students, youth and learners desiring a short-term immersion program in Japan culture. With the goal of increasing foreigners’ understanding of Japan, The AYFN Academy is offering an invaluable Japan learning cultural immersion program. The program offers cultural excursions to enhance the Japanese experience.
This entails a program which is specifically designed to offer Japan trip for students/youth from ages 17- 35 as well as a chance for these students/youth to gain a cultural understanding of Japan. This will be done through both visiting famous Kyoto and Osaka attractions and partaking in typical cultural activities such as experiencing Japan tradition (language), eating traditional Japanese foods (Ramen, Udon, Curry, etc).
Our aim is to inspire the students to open their minds to other cultures. We want the students/youth to end their trip by leaving with a better knowledge of Japan. During the program, participants will take public transport (Bus, Metro, subway train) to deepen understand about Japanese way of life and be like a local.
- Live for 5 days in Osaka, Japan.
- Introduction to Japanese language for beginner.
- Learn and understand Japanese culture directly.
- Heritage walking tour around Kyoto.
- Experience to be like local people by experiencing the local traditions.
- Experimental learning.
- Certificate of participation from AYFN Academy.
Why you should Go Abroad with AYFN?
Intercultural challenges and learning moments are inevitable parts of our everyday lives. To prepare people to engage effectively across cultural and other differences, we offer transformative learning journeys.
Each AYFN journey is designed around these five principles:
- Learning as a journey of change.
- Immersive experiences.
- Non-formal learning environments.
- Experiential learning = enhanced learning.
- Learning for life + lifelong learning.
- Enhancing life experience by direct immersion in local cultures.
- An investment for the future: Further education, Career, and Life.
- Safe & supportive learning environment.
- Gaining core competences according to AYFN learning journey curriculum: Personal, Interpersonal, Cultural, and Global.
- We provide extraordinary intercultural learning opportunities.
- Member of AYFN: USD 600
- Non Member: USD 650
Kindly, sign up first to become a member if you prefer to get member’s price.
Participants will get
- Accommodation during placement period (twin or triple sharing).
- Language class.
- Airport pick up when arrival (20 July only).
- Meals (Breakfast and Lunch).
- Local transport during placement period (bus, metro, train).
- Admission ticket to tourism object spots based on schedule.
Program fee doesn’t cover FLIGHT to and from Japan, Visa, Insurance and Personal expenses.
The program will take place on 20 – 24 July 2020. Participants will stay in Osaka, Japan and visit Kyoto as well.
- Must be between 17 – 35 Years old.
- All nationalities are welcomed.
- Healthy physically and mentally.
- Able to communicate in English (No Required TOEFL Score).
- Open minded and have positive attitude.
- Able to travel to placement country during scheduled placement period.
Accomodation and Meal during camp
During this camp, participants will be accommodated in a Hotel (3 star hotel). Living conditions in the hotel is very good and very clean. Males and females are accommodated in separate room.
Japan is renowned for its tasty and healthy food. Meals will be provided based on schedule. Meals consist of traditional Japan dishes (For Muslim participants, we provide meal which not containing pork and alcoholic), which participants generally find to be very generous and tasty.
If you have special diet requirements, please let us know ahead of time so that we can make arrangements for you. However, we need to emphasize the point that you should not expect to eat as you normally do at home.
We will do our best to see that you are well taken care of, but also as a participant, there is a need to be flexible. There are numerous amazing restaurants throughout Seoul which you will be directed to by program staff if you wish to eat out occasionally.
Deadline of submitting the online application: 1 July 2020.
First come, first serviced basis. The registration will be closed if the spots are over.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation and Refund policy
Program Cancellation by organizer
- AYFN Academy reserves the right to cancel a program due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the program non-viable.
- If AYFN cancels a program, registrants will be offered a full refund.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of a program, AYFN has the right to either issue a full refund or transfer registration to the same program at the new, future date.
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- The booking fee/downpayment is non refundable.
- The following penalties shall apply, if otherwise specified. If you cancel more than 60 days before scheduled program departure, the cancellation charge will be 20% of the listed program fare. If you cancel 30 – 59 days before scheduled program departure , the cancellation charge will be 70% of the listed program fare. If you cancel 1-29 days before scheduled program departure, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed program fare.
- No show will be considered as a cancellation on program departure date
- Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
- Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend a program.
- Cancellations will be accepted in writing only and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or transaction number.
- Refund will be made on 30 days after the program ends.
- These above policies apply to all AYFN program unless otherwise noted in the corresponding program materials. Please read all individual program information thoroughly.