Collaborative program between AYFN Academy and Language Institute Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
The Community Engagement Program (CEP) provides students experiencing Thai Culture with the opportunity to work on real life projects in the community sector, engaging in an active learning environment with direct benefits to not-for-profit, social enterprise and charity organisations.
The students gain invaluable experience to help set them apart from other graduates while experiencing the satisfaction of delivering projects that help community organisations achieve their goals.
Through the CEP program you will connect with like-minded students from different backgrounds to devise and apply creative and innovative solutions to challenges faced by not-for-profit organisations.
CEP enables you to make a positive impact and create change in the community while building your personal and professional profile and increasing your potential to stand out to employers.
As part of this exciting program, our students have contributed through their innovative ideas and social planning skills to:
- Help disadvantaged children
- Create employment for the homeless
- Manage excess clothing donations to reduce waste
- Facilitate access to health services for rural and remote communities
This program is open to students or youth across the world. With CEP, you can carry your studies to new places and experience new cultures, expanding your horizons on the way.
You’ll discover what it means to be a true global citizen and emerge preparation for wherever your career journey will take you.
This program provides one week program to outstanding students from around the world for non-degree study combined with community service, professional development, and cultural enrichment.
Date of program: 6 – 10 July 2020
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Type of funding: SELF – FUNDED
Why you should take part at AYFN Program?
Travel and see the world
With AYFN, you have the opportunity to become a global student by taking part in Exchange program. Traveling and learning abroad is a unique opportunity and likely to provide some of your most memorable life experiences.
Broaden your horizons
Traveling and studying abroad is a great opportunity to meet people, discover new interests and develop your life skills. It can build your confidence, develop your adaptability and hone your resourcefulness, which are all important personal attributes valued by employers.
Experiencing new cultures
Challenging yourself to live in a different country can be a highly rewarding and stimulating experience, which will open your mind to new cultures and possibilities. It will also develop your learning skills in exciting ways.
Build your global network
In today’s world of globally connected business, the network, knowledge and experience you build up while living abroad can give you a competitive edge, as well as bringing a new perspective on your life, aspirations and career options.
Enhance your career prospects
Being a global citizen can greatly enhance your future career prospects.
What will you learn at our program?
The program will cover several activities as follow.
- Learn Thai culture in firsthand.
- Learn Lanna Dance (Northern Thai Dance).
- Introduction to Thai Cuisine (Cooking class).
- Community engagement and social outreach.
- Taste Traditional Northern Thai Cuisines (Kantoke dinner).
- Excursion around Chiang Mai.
- Make friends and widen network .
|Registration||Member of AYFN||Non Member|
|Early bird: Till 31 March 2020||USD 390||USD 440|
|Normal registration: 1 April – 1 July 2020||USD 440||USD 490|
- Program Materials (Program Handbook, Name Tags and Certificates etc).
- Opening program, Closing program, Learning Sessions, Travel Sessions.
- Local Transportation (For relevant Travel and Learning Sessions in Chiang Mai).
- 5 nights’ accommodation (with Breakfast) double/triple sharing.
- Lunch box during program (3x).
- Welcome Luncheon (Opening program).
- Farewell dinner (Day 5).
- Airport pick up service (available on 6 July 2020, between 10.00 – 15.00). From Chiang Mai International airport only.
- Airport transfer service after the program ends. 10 July 2020, between 8.00 – 12.00). To Chiang Mai International Airport only.
- Other Miscellaneous Services (Materials for Ice-Breaking Sessions and Discussion Session).
- Flight to and From Chiang Mai.
- Meal is not listed on the schedule.
- Personal expenses: laundry, minibar in hotel, etc.
- Visa to enter Thailand.
- Arrival in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Meet and greet with staff
- Orientation and welcome remark from LI CMU
- Ice breaking
- Campus tour of Chiang Mai University
- Welcome luncheon
- Chiang Mai Old City Tour
- Fieldtrip: Introduction to Thai Cuisine
- Cross culture with indigenous community school
- Night friendship activities
- Community engagement and social outreach
- Mae Sa Elephant Camp
- Thai Lanna Dance
- Farwell dinner and Thai cultural performance
How to take part?
Are you interested to join our program? Apply now!!! Chiang Mai is waiting for you!!!
- Student/Youth (15 – 35 years old) of all nationalities.
- Good health (physically and mentally).
- Good communication skill and knowledge.
- Able to work independently as well as work in team.
- Able to pay the program fee.
- Able to commit to a full time program.
*Terms & conditions applied. If you need Visa Invitation letter, please contact us.
5 steps to participate Community Engagement Program
- Register online at by filling out the form below.
- Pay Initial Program Fee ($200).
- Apply Visa (if needed), purchase Travel Insurance and Air Tickets.
- Pay the rest of program fee.
- Fly to Chiang Mai, Thailand and experience CEP 2020.
For further queries
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: +6281226033206