Workshop on Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
Knowing how to communicate effectively often decides whether a message will be heard and the extent to which that message will influence listeners. Great communicators – leaders who impact our lives and the decisions we make – know that to reach our hearts and minds, they must speak with authenticity and passion. Fortunately, public speaking is a skill that can be learned and mastered with concentrated effort. This workshop intends to uncover the art of effective speaking so that delegates at permanent missions to the United Nations in New York can perform their responsibilities with confidence and efficacy.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Systematically structure and prepare an effective presentation or speech;
- Further refine the technical, argumentative and psychological aspects of verbal communication with the aim of enhancing their overall public speaking and presentation skills;
- Apply the acquired understanding in the general context.
CONTENTS AND STRUCTURE
The workshop is conducted by an experienced trainer in the area of international policy and communication and consists of six modules:
- Elements of effective communication and argumentation;
- Preparing and delivering a high-impact presentation;
- Mastering questions and answers;
- Leveraging non-verbal communication;
- Overcoming public speaking stress and anxiety;
- Communicating in an international environment.
The workshop takes a participatory and practice-oriented approach and is highly interactive. It engages participants through presentations, individual speaking exercises and video playback peer critique. Participants also receive study materials to enhance their holistic understanding about public speaking.
HOW TO ATTEND THE WORKSHOP
- Buy the ticket (click here) or Kindly send the needed information ( Full name_Status : Student/public_Institution_Mobile phone number_Email address to +62 857 2926 8734
- Pay workshop fee to reserve seat (send the slip payment into +62 857 29268734)
- Enjoy the Workshop
Deadline of registration : 1 March 2019